Saturday, October 7, 2017

Week 10/Semana 10

Day 64:
Today I was a bum. It rained all day so I hung out and did some things on my computer.

Day 65:
Today was community services. I didn't want to go, but I'm very glad I did. In the first class a kid asked me why I talked "like that". I had to explain that I was from the States. In the second a girl ran up and said my name and where I was from as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I was a really good feeling. A young boy told me that he could understand me a little, another good feeling. In the third class I had the entire class sitting on/hanging on me. They asked me to repeat words in Spanish and then they would laugh at the way I said them. The teacher suggested that they ask me how to say things in English. Their favorite word was "shoe". There's nothing quite like not knowing all the words that a group of preschoolers come up with. They asked me how to say my name and the teacher's name in English. I explained that names don't change. I was met with, "But the name of my shoe changes."Another kid asked me to translate to Portuguese. I had to explain where I was from and what language I spoke again.
Playground is very different that Lion Cub Academy

Painting the center of what will be flowers 
5 year old classroom
McDonald's!
Day 66:
I went and got another stamp for my passport today. The school website me to visit the Interior Ministry. They sent me to the Exterior Ministry, who eventually sent me to the Department of Migrations. It took 4 hours to get it all worked out, but now I can rest easy.
Passed Plaza Fabini on my adventure

Day 67:
I went to the Rambla! Getting my tan on...uhh freckles and red.

Can you tell where I did kata?

Day 68:
I spent most of my day working on various projects. Laura helped me edit one of my papers and my presentation, which I really appreciated.

Day 69:
I spent the morning on my projects and helped Eduardo try to fix the sink, then I headed to the beach to do kata after lunch.


When I got home I played with the grandbaby. It's interesting to play with her and Laura because Spanish baby talk isn't the same. Cami makes different noises when she babbles in kid language. I learn new words by Laura talking to her like animal noises (no they aren't the same as English).

Day 70:
I hung out at home today besides a trip to the store. It's nice to not have to do anything if I don't want to. I did play soccer with the wall again and play my country music loud and proud.




Día 64:
No hice nada hoy. Estaba lluvioso y por eso trabajé y jugué en mi computadora.

Día 65:
Hoy fue servicios comunitarios. No quería ir pero estoy feliz que fui. En la primera clase un niño me pregunto: "¿Por qué habla como así?" Tuve que explicar que soy de EE.UU. En la segunda clase una niña corrió a mi y dijo mi nombre y que soy de EE.UU antes de me abrazó. Fue un sentimiento tan bueno. Un niño me dijo que podría entenderme un poco, otra buen sentimiento. En la tercera clase tuve todos los niños en mi piernas, brazos y cuello. Me preguntaron para repetir palabras en español y cuando lo hice ellos se reían. La maestra sugirió que ellos preguntan para las palabras en inglés. Su favorita fue "shoe". No hay nada como cuando no sabes todas las palabras que preescolares saben. Me preguntaron que mi nombre y el nombre de la maestra son en inglés. Expliqué que los nombres no cambian. Un niño:"Pero el nombre de mi zapato cambia." Otro niño me preguntó para la palabra en portugués. Expliqué de nuevo que soy de EE.UU y hablo inglés.
Es muy diferente de Lion Cub Academy

Pintando el centro de un flor
Salon de los de 5 años
McDonald's!

SaveSave
Día 66:
Fui y conseguí otra estampilla en mi pasaporte hoy. La sitia de la universidad me dijo que necesité ir al Ministerio del Interior. Ellos me enviaron al Ministerio del Exterior, quien eventualmente me enviaron al Departamento de los Migraciones. Tomó 4 horas para obtener mi estampilla, pero ahora puedo descansar sin preocupaciones.
Pasé por Plaza Fabini en mi aventura
Día 67:
¡Fui a la Rambla! Trabajando en mi bronceado...pues mis pecas y rojo.

¿Puedes ver donde hice mi katas?
Día 68:
Trabajé en varios proyectos. Laura me ayudó con mi presentación y un ensayo. Lo aprecié mucho.

Día 69:
Trabajé en mis proyectos y ayudé a Eduardo con el lavabo esta mañana. Después del almuerzo fui a la Rambla para hacer karate.


Cuando regresé, jugué con la nieta. Es interesante para jugar con ella y Laura porque la habla de un bebé en español no es como la habla de un bebé en inglés. Cami hace sonidos diferentes en su lengua de niños. Aprendí palabras de Laura también por ejemplo los sonidos de los animales (no son iguales en inglés).

Día 70:
Me quedé en casa hoy con la excepción de mi viaje a la tienda. Me gusta no tener cosas obligatorias de hacer. Jugué fútbol con el pared de nuevo y escuché a mi música country para los vecinos.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment