Saturday, October 14, 2017

Week 11/Semana 11

Day 71:
I went to the feria and bought another Christmas present. Then Laura and I went to a different one and got food for the week. No pictures because of course I bought a Christmas gift and my hands were busy carrying food.

Day 72:
I was struggling to give commands to the kids at community services, so I reviewed them and practiced them over break. Today I was easily able to give commands. I slipped up a couple times, but at least I knew where to start this week. Also, hugs from little kids warm heart. We don't always understand each other when we speak, but everybody understands a hug.


Day 73:

Today I went to the Gaucho Museum. It was much cooler than the art museums.
Fake gauchos

Found a horse...kinda
Maté is kind of a big deal
Fancy maté
Gaucho daggers
They used these to hunt. They held on to the small ball and spun the other 2 around before throwing it at the animals legs.
 Guacho guns

More  gauchos
And it's soccer game day

Day 74:
I went with Eduardo to go play with the grand baby. Kids make me happy.

Day 75:
Today before class, my literature teacher asked me if I had understood the story we read. I told him that I hadn't. Later in class he asked who this unnamed character was. I answered that he was the devil. The professor looked at me confused and tells me I did too understand the story to know who the guy was because it was implied information.

Day 76:
My culture presentation is over maté. Only 7 more weeks left in Uruguay.

Day 77:
I ate an ice cream alfajor. It had dulce de leche ice cream in it.


And I played with this little munchkin.




Día 71:

Fui a la feria y compré un regalo de Navidad. Después fui con Laura a otra feria para comprar comida. No tengo fotos porque era un regalo y mi manos estaba llena de bolsas.

Día 72:
Tuve problemas en servicios comunitarios en las semanas pasadas con el imperativo. Miré videos y practiqué en mis vacaciones. Hoy era fácil para dar instrucciones. Olvidé pocas veces pero, al menos sabía como decirlas. Abrazos de niños me hacen tan alegre.  No siempre entendemos palabras pero todos entienden abrazos.


Día 73:

Hoy fui al Museo del Gaucho. Era mucho más interesante de los otros con arte.
Gauchos

Caballo...más o menos
Mate es muy importante 
Maté elaborado
Daga del gaucho

Estos son para cazar. 
Armas de los gauchos

Mes gauchos
Y es el día de un partido de fútbol

Día 74:
Fui con Eduardo y jugamos con la nieta. Los niñitos me hacen tan feliz.

Día 75:
Hoy, antes de clase, mi profesor me preguntó si entendí el cuento. Le dije que no lo había entendido. Durante la clase él preguntó quién era el hombre sin nombre. Contesté que era el diablo. El profesor me miró con confusión y me dijo que sí entendí el cuento para saber eso porque era implícito.

Día 76:
Mi presentación cultural es de mate. Solamente 7 semanas más.

Día 77:
Comí un alfajor de helado. Tenía helado de dulce de leche adentro.


Jugué con este lindita.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment